Code Quiz: Article 90
Based on the 2005 NEC
Questions and answers written by Mark Lamendola, who has worked as a master electrician, electrical inspector, and design engineer. Mark is an IEEE Senior Member, and the Code article author for Codebookcity.com. Since 1996, he has been writing National Electrical Code articles for electrical trade magazines and has an extensive portfolio of hundreds of NEC articles..
1. What is the purpose of the National Electrical Code?
2. How close do you need to come to the the NEC when using it as a design guide?
3. Does the NEC explain how to do good electrical work?
4. Does the NEC address parking lots?
5. Does ship maintenance fall under the NEC?
6. Which of the nine Chapters cover general items?
7. How do mandatory rules differ from permissive rules?
8. The NEC contains many the fine print notes (FPNs). What's in these?
9. How does a product's being Listed help the installer?
10. Which measuring system does the NEC use--SAE or metric?
Answers to this quiz are here: Answers to this quiz
See how you did!