National Electrical Code Articles and Information
Code Quiz: Article 80
Based on the 2005 NEC
Questions and answers written by Mark Lamendola, who has worked as a master electrician, electrical inspector, and design engineer. Mark is an IEEE Senior Member, and the Code article author for Codebookcity.com. Since 1996, he has been writing National Electrical Code articles for electrical trade magazines and has an extensive portfolio of hundreds of NEC articles..
1. What are the five functions of the NEC?
2. In what way do definitions in Article 80 definitions differ from those in Article 100?
3. What three categories of application does the NEC cover?
4. How does a Code violation affect the occupancy of a new installation?
5. How does a Code violation affect the occupancy of an existing installation?
6. Who administers and enforces the NEC?
7. Who has authority to require disconnecting the supply to a building, and on what basis?
8. Whom may the AHJ draw upon to assist with enforcing the Code?
9. When can an inspection occur?
10. There's a time when you must you request an inspection--when is that?
Answers to this quiz are here: Answers to this quiz
See how you did!
Don't take your electrical exam twice
Learn more about:
How the NEC is arranged
Try your NEC moxy:
Remember other applicable codes, rules, standards, and references:
Codebookcity is a subsidiary of Mindconnection, LLC. If you have any questions,
comments, or concerns, please write to sales @ mindconnection.com. We do want